Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Dawn of a New Era

I guess I should run through the formalities. I am Kassie Nichols. I'm 18 and in high school. On January 27th, 2012, I vowed to change my life.

I've battled with my weight ever since I was a child. Well, that isn't exactly true. Up until like, age 6, I was pretty active. I loved soccer. But 14 years later, my love for soccer decreased as my weight did the opposite. Tipping scales at an astounding 250 pounds, medium frame, and a height of 5'4, I decided it was time for a change. So I slowly built up my endurance and stamina. The weight began to quickly fall off. I lost about 30 pounds in the first 3 months and then it began to slow. I ended 2012 with a loss of 51 pounds. I hit 199 on January 1, 2012. 

This road has not been an easy one. I do eat fast food. I do eat cake. But I also work out and eat less than I have before. I'm currently at 194. This is a loss of 56 pounds. Now, you may be thinking I'm crazy for sharing my weight with both friends and strangers, but I don't care. If people have seen me before, they deserve to know where I've come from, where I am, and where I'm going. My goal weight is 150, but I'm more focused on a goal size of a size 8. I've come from a size 22 to a size 12/14. That is about 10 sizes. I've also come from a size 2X to a L in most shirts and dresses. I'm writing this blog to inspire others and to motivate myself. I want to show people that if I can do this, YOU can do this. Not just with weight loss, but with any and everything. Goals can be achieved with determination. This is the written description of my life, my journey, my past, present, and future. 

This blog will also include work out routines, recipes, my logged weight loss/gain/progress, pictures, and other various things in my life like AP tests, my love life, etc. It's time to go from Husky to HOTTIE!


1 comment:

  1. It takes great courage to make changes. My best to you.

    ReplyDelete