Saturday, April 13, 2013

What do I want?

So, Dale and I are done. Kaput. Finito. Never to come in contact on purpose again type of done. And you know what? As hard as this is, I'm going to be okay with that. He had a lot of qualities I could do without. I admit, I was out of line sometimes. I said some things I never should have said about someone I've never even met. But he was also in the wrong for provoking them after I expressed we'd rather not bring this person into the conversation. Ever. Or at least until I was fully over him. I feel like I enveloped myself into the relationship we had so much that I lost sight of what I wanted (outside of weight loss). SO I've decided to make a list of what I want in someone, be it a friend or something more serious. I think it's good to be firm in my standards.

What do I want in someone:
Educated (consistently): We're talking like, aspiring to go to higher levels of education
Ambitious: Have a plan with what you want to do. Please.
Kind: Be nice overall
Respectful: Respect me, my friends, and my family. Don't talk about hooking up with other people while you're in a relationship with me. I will not react well.
Insightful and interactive: I like to talk. A lot. I don't want to have a conversation with someone who won't talk or does not have anything to talk about.
Initiator: Text or call me sometimes. Plan dates. I won't do all the work.
Makes time for me (and enjoys my company): I know everyone is busy, but it isn't that hard to make time for your girlfriend sometimes and ENJOY when she is around instead of saying they come over too much (2 or 3 days out of the week.
Preferably active: I like to be active so if you sit on your ass, I will run right past you.
Communicative: If there are problems, we talk about it.Point blank.
Affectionate: If we are serious, a little PDA doesn't hurt. Holding hands can be fun if you make it.
Dedicated: Don't. Cheat. On. Me.
Preferably employed: I don't mind spending on my significant other, but it's good to have cash in your own pocket
Spontaneous: I love spontaneity. No, I don't expect flowers or concert tickets (though, those are nice), but a nice hug from behind is always appreciated.
Loves me FOR me: If you can handle my emotions, randomness, outgoing and vibrant attitude and affection, you're golden.

Now, don't get me wrong, Dale did many of these things. But he didn't do them to a standard to which I find appropriate. I deserve 100% if that's what I'm putting out. Kay? Kay. I will no longer settle.


No comments:

Post a Comment