Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Wagon

The journey in which one goes on in pursuit of losing weight, or "The Wagon," as I like to call it, is one that I battle staying on. I wobble and fall off sometimes, but I ALWAYS get back on. For the past 2 weeks, the wagon has been pretty steady. With the help of my AMAZING boyfriend, I've lost 9lbs, leading to a collective 57 lost in a year. I've been eating well and I'm so proud of myself. He's also wicked supportive, as are my friends. And Will O'Brien. This kid. He goes to my school and is so helpful. He gives me a surplus of tips when I ask him and I appreciate all he does for me when it comes to working out. Boyfriend, however, is my backbone. He helps me pick out what to eat, BUYS MY GROCERIES (sweetest kid ever, right?), keeps me on track when I want to ingest the Doritos he's consuming, and despite of all that, he still doesn't want me to change. I've always been pretty good at self motivating, but having people there for me is pretty awesome, I must say. Especially my parents, for taking the time to get me a gym membership, cook me healthy food, and buy me food when Dale can't. Oh oh! Dale asked me to prom. He has had his mind set that he was done with high school and would not go to a high school function, but he asked me. He actually wrote me a "parking ticket" and inscribed on it was "Prom?" Of course, I said yes. Now I have to work harder than ever to find the cutest dress possible. My first prom AND I'm a senior? Oh yes. It's gonna be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment